Looking for new leader for mRemoteNG

Announcements, news and other important information about mRemoteNG.

Re: Looking for new leader for mRemoteNG

Postby lemonmojo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi there,

I'm Felix, the original author of mRemote which I initially started in 2007. I've previously worked with rmcardle to transition the project to him since I joined ASG (visionapp back then) to improve ASG Remote Desktop. A few years back I then joined the Royal Applications team to try something new - build a remote connections manager for the Mac. Since then it's been 4 years that I'm happily building and improving Royal TSX (for OS X): https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/osx/features

Since I'm still developing a competing commercial product and due to my past relationship with mRemote, I've monitored mRemoteNG development quite closely. Furthermore, I've seen references to "Owner of the original mRemote", "Original mRemote author", etc. so I wanted to chime in on the discussion and generally offer myself as being available for questions or inquiries of all kinds.

So, if you need anything, just PM me or reply to this thread.

cheers,
felix
lemonmojo

Sponsor

Postby koumdros » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:17 pm

i'd also love to see the project maintained and being actviely worked on.
I;ve tried many similar tools but I;ve come back to it for its functionality despite some needed fixes ( lack of encryption for passwords is the no1 factor that make sme not able to recomend it to be used in a corporate environemnt..)

I hope people working on this and forks keep cooperating, it will better for everyone in the long term.
koumdros

Previous

Return to Announcements