[FEATURE ADDED IN v1.63] ending RDP session when exiting...

Get help with problems with mRemoteNG.

Postby bert » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:45 am

Hi,

When an RDP connection is closed with the cross button or a connection panel wit RDP session is closed teh running session(s) is/are just disconnected. You can reconnect to this RDP session and continue working where you left off.
When mRenoteNG is closed all open RDP connections are ended. If you reconnect to the remote computer with RDP you can not reconnect to the previous session but are connected to a new session. Unsaved work in de ended RDP session is lost.
Is there a way or can a new option be added to avoid that RDP sessions are ended in stead of just disconnected when mRemoteNG is quit?
I know that on the remote computer these client sessions can be overruled but it is not for me to change these settings on the remote computer and also not allways possible.

Bert
bert

Sponsor

Re: ending RDP session when exiting mRemoteNG

Postby rmcardle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:52 am

Yeah, that shouldn't be too hard to fix. I'll add it to my list. Thanks.
rmcardle
Site Admin

Postby rmcardle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:28 pm

I can't seem to reproduce this issue. What operating system are you on? What version of the Microsoft remote desktop client do you have? If you try it with the Microsoft remote desktop client, does the same thing happen?
rmcardle
Site Admin

Postby rmcardle » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:01 pm

I still can replicate this on any of my test computers, but I did change some things in the code that might fix this problem. The changes will be included in version 1.63.
rmcardle
Site Admin

Postby bert » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:00 am

Hi,

It seems that I have tested and reported this problem on mRemote 1.50.
I have tested again with mRemoteNG 1.63 and this version works fine. RDP sessions are still alive and can be reconnected after stopping and starting mRemoteNG.
Thanks for the support.

Bert
bert

Return to Support