App Newbie - Telnet Question

Get help with problems with mRemoteNG.

Postby o324712 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:03 am

Newbie! Great program especially after I noticed the tabs at the bottom of the options page. @ Developers - Thanks for the hard work that helps the rest of us.

Question, I have a number of servers sitting behind firewalls. I must authenicate using telnet to the server first then open a connection to the app server.

First, can the telnet connection interact with the firewall to provide username then the password when requested?

Second, if I can do the first request then can I combine the connections (firewall and app) into one connection on the Connections panel?

Third, if these are not possible has anyone used TeraTerm as an external app and can provide an example? Also, can you start an external app upon opening mRemoteNG? This is currently what I am doing to log into all the firewalled servers at one time.

Thanks,
Rich
Last edited by o324712 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
o324712

Sponsor

Re: App Newbie - Telnet Question

Postby peltco » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:29 am

Look at the option "External tool before" (in connection config). maybe you can add what you need there. It probally should be possible to do this with telnet if you want. i don't have your firewall so it's hard to say if it will work without having more details about how your firewall works.
peltco

Postby o324712 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:39 am

Just got back to this, I am now able to get to the telnet login where it asks for a "Username" then press enter then "Password" then press enter. Is there a way to pass these items to the telnet session from mRemoteNG to get logged in? I am currently using a macro in TeraTerm and would not want to use to separate programs if I don't need to. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich
o324712

Postby c-yco » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 am

Please be aware that in telnet username and password are not encrypted, so if possible switch to ssh. I think your firewall should support this.
c-yco

Postby obtim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:03 am

How to configure automatic authorization via telnet? I want to use it in Local with high security.
obtim

Return to Support