External Tools - Domain Username and Password do not work

Get help with problems with mRemoteNG.

Postby chaitanya_ssk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 am

Hello,

I have my Username, Password and Domain at the global level (Tools->Options->Connections-> For Empty Username, Password or Domain Fields Use -> The Following), so that my windows credentials apply to all the connections I have. Now, It doesn't work when I tried configuring external tools like WinScp or FileZilla and provided the "Arguments" as scp://%Username%:%Password%@%Hostname%/

Looks like it is looking at the connection level Username and Password (from config window). If I configure my username and password there, these applications start working. But I have around 60 connections, where I can not configure it manually and every time there is a password reset, say typically every 60 days, I have to go through this exercise. Is there any way that I can configure it such a way that, it looks at the global username and password?

Thanks
Chaitanya
chaitanya_ssk

Sponsor

Re: External Tools - Domain Username and Password do not wor

Postby Orja » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:48 am

I'm sorry to bring back this 3 years old thread but today I am facing the exact same issue as Chaitanya.

It seems mRemote doesn't pass the login/password to the external tools when we use the "Empty username" option.
Orja

Postby nWm » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:38 am

Hello,
I have also one remark to passing password to external tool.
It works fine with basic text, but it fails with special characters (like exclamation mark) . Problem password is for example "Passw0rd!"
Could you please fix it?
Thank you
nWm

Postby Cybergy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:01 am

I am seeing this issue as well.

The password passed to an external tool (WinSCP or password revealer) is accurate, except a '^' character is added. My actual password contains 'k!@' and the ^ is being added after the k and before the !.
Cybergy

Postby Cybergy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:17 pm

I have now found that my saved passwords in the connections panel are also not passing passwords properly to my SSH sessions. So this issue is not restricted to external apps, the password gets messed up within mRemoteNG as well.

I can only restore my ConfCons.xml to get the password right.

I'm going back to the the previous release until this is sorted out, because my next forced password change across 50 servers will be a nightmare...
Cybergy

Postby eziitiss » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:45 pm

I also want to add to this: I added in Password field password: !@#$%^&*()_+

When I echo this to cmd: it shows it correctly, but when I pass this as an argument for example to vSphere client it shows me: ^!@#$^%^^^&*^(^)_+
So it looks like some of the symbols are escaped. The same problem exists also when I try to pass it as an argument to Firefox - also some of the characters are escaped with an ^ character.
eziitiss

Postby dmsparer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:20 am

Yes, shell metacharacters are escaped. More on this here:
https://github.com/mRemoteNG/mRemoteNG/ ... r-escaping

The login issue with SSH servers does seem to be a bug, however.
dmsparer

Return to Support