mRemoteNG and TS Print

Get help with problems with mRemoteNG.

mRemoteNG and TS Print

Postby Damo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping I may be able to get some assistance with mRemoteNG. It saved the day with a TS user Im supporting who was having all sots or resolution issues on a laptop with super high res screen, but it has caused another challenge which I'm hoping 'may be able to be resolved.

Scenario: User is a doctor who consults from multiple locations. Because of the nature of Terminal server and the printing challenges it poses, the client is using a product called "TS print" which is effectively a universal driver that better manages the interface between the remote session and the local print drivers. When I run an RDP session out of mRemoteNG TS print does not work. I contacted the developer of TS Print first (Terminalworx) and did have a good response from them. Please see below my initial request to them, along with their response.

If someone who knows mRemoteNG well could respond and tell me if mRemoteNG can be manipulated to accomodate TS Print's requirements, I'd really appreciate it.

The response to my request:

Thank you for contacting us.

Any third party RDP solution including mRemoteNG, must be configured properly to enable third-party plugin DLLs. For TSPrint there are two requirements to use these devices:
1. Clients must use the RDP ActiveX client (Terminal Services Advanced Client TSAC)
2. The appliance must be configured to enable the TSPrint plugin DLL, TSPrint.dll.
(c:\program files(x86)\TerminalWorks\TSPrint\TSPrint.dll)

Unfortunately we don't have the documentation form mRemoteNG, so I suggest to contact their support for such steps.

We recommend to use standard MS RDP or Citrix connection if possible as with the mentioned RDPs TSPrint will work without any issues.
Damo

mRemoteNG and TS Print

Sponsor

Re: mRemoteNG and TS Print

Postby Swift » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:29 pm

TSPrint (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-sUnKvhNwA) honestly seems like a waste to me. I don't see the benefit here since the RDP protocol already supports printer redirect. Meaning when a user is connected to a remote Terminal Server (TS), they can still print to their local printers, from the apps running on the remote TS.

If you can't live without TS Print, let me ask you this. Does TS Print work correctly through an Internet Explorer RDP session?
Swift

Return to Support