[REDMINE ISSUE 9] portaPuTTY

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby newbie01.others » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi,

First off thanks for continuing the work on mRemoteNG. This is a very helpful product.

Am currently using mRemoteNG 1.63 Portable Edition and portaPuTTY instead of the PuTTY that comes with mRemoteNG.

The PuTTY settings for portaPuTTY are saved in a folder named .putty. Can you please advise if is possible to configure mRemoteNG to read the PuTTY settings from the .putty folder instead of the registry? At the moment, the work around that am doing is modifying the saved XML connections file and manually changing the sessions name to the name of the saved sessions.

I believe, mRemoteNG shows the PuTTY settings in the registry. Perhaps, you can set a flag in the mRemote config file to read/load the settings from the .putty folder instead of the registry? Please ........... ;) :) ;) :) This will truly make the mRemoteNG portable where the PuTTY settings are saved in the .putty folder instead of in the registry. At the moment, I have to redo all my PuTTY sessions on each new PC that I use if the WintelSA does not give me access to read/write the registry keys.

Thanks in advance.
newbie01.others

Sponsor

Return to Feature Requests