[REDMINE ISSUE 17] cascading windows

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby uwe » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 am

Hi there,

first of all let me thank you for the good work on mRemoteNG. I use it very often since I've heard about it.
One thing I am missing is the opportunity to cascade the windows I'm working with. One of my daily jobs is, checking if the cronjobs have worked properly in several unix-machines.
If I have the opportunity to cascade the windows it will only be one look without changing the tabs.
uwe

Sponsor

Re: cascading windows

Postby peltco » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 am

you can drag tabs to top/bottom/left/right positions. is this what you mean or what exactly would you expect from a feature like that
peltco

Postby uwe » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:44 am

yes, this is what i've been looking for. thank you
uwe

Postby Harald » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:47 am

What about the opportunity to cascade all servers from a folder in a single window?
Very useful to avoid creating a folder per server.

Why?
I'm starting a process on a series of servers and want to have an easy overview when the processes are finished. In Win7 you could move the cursor over the RDP-task and alle RDP-connections are shown as thumbnail.
Harald

Postby thrilleratplay » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 am

Harald,
I tried to develop something similar to what you requested. The scenario I had was a series of connections in a panel already open and performing work individually. When it came to the point of monitoring progress, the panel would move all of the connections into a grid of small connection panes. When one is selected, it would turn all of the connections back into tabs.

Here's the kicker, RDP is the reason I wanted to have this function and the reason I could not get it to work correctly. RDP allows thumbnail creation, really just a cache dump to a bitmap, but if the pane is recreated the connection is lost and if resized to something that small the desktop may throw a fit.

I want to either add this functionality to the current panel library or use one that does. But with the limited developer resources, this will unfortunately be something later down the road.
thrilleratplay

Return to Feature Requests