Several problems and glitches that need addressing

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby Annihilator » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:54 am

First of all I'd like to thank you for picking up the mRemote code and continuing on with its development.

And now for the glitches that need addressing:
1) Upon installation, the mRemote shortcuts are created under the current user's start menu, instead of for all users.
2) Upon connection to a RDP server from a Windows 7 workstation, thru mRemote, the redundant RDP title bar appears at the top of the screen.
3) mRemote stores its settings in %localappdata%\mRemoteNG. This is wrong. The settings should roam with the user and should be placed under %appdata%\mRemoteNG. Also, the mRemote subfolder is IMO redundant and should be merged with the mRemoteNG folder.
4) The 15-bit RDP color mode option, introduced with RDPv7, is missing and can't be configured.

Thanks in advance for looking into these issues - also feel free to yell if you require any additional clarifications or help for the aforementioned.
Annihilator

Sponsor

Re: Several problems and glitches that need addressing

Postby songohan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:51 am

Additional feature request to 3)
Would be great if I can specify where the config file lies.
i.e. I want to store the config file on a network drive, so I can access my settings from any computer in the network.
Default location should be %appdata% as Annihilator recommended.
(I know there is the SQL option to save connections, but I'd prefer a config file on a network share/drive)

Kind regards
songohan

Re: Several problems and glitches that need addressing

Postby Annihilator » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:30 am

Hello,

I'm very pleased with the progress! In the newest version Point 3 has been partially fixed - mRemote folder is no more.
With optimism looking forward to dealing with the other mentioned issues and further development!

Thanks to everyone who's contributing to the survival of this project in even the smallest way.
Annihilator

Return to Feature Requests