[REDMINE ISSUE 40] Abilit to edit-lock the Config panel

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby onslo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 am

It is ridiculously easy to accidentally change configurations when clicking the config panel and then scrolling the mouse wheel -- even if, after you clicked, your mouse pointer is nowhere near the config panel when you scroll.

For example, say the "Protocol" field was clicked and you then decided to scroll the window of a connection you already have open. You move the scroll wheel not realizing you've just messed up a config. There should be protections to guard against this.

Some solutions I'm hoping could be implemented:

1. Make it impossible for mouse input to modify a config, if the mouse pointer is not within the region of the config panel.
2. Include a button, on the config panel toolbar, to toggle the panel between edit and locked states, remembering the setting across sessions.

Thanks
onslo

Sponsor

Re: Abilit to edit-lock the Config panel

Postby thrilleratplay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:45 am

I agree with you 100%, mainly because I've done that myself. A read only configuration grid feature was going to be implemented with the shared network config file functionality. My current plan of implementing this was to set the read only flag on config file itself.
thrilleratplay

Re: Abilit to edit-lock the Config panel

Postby onslo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks for considering this. Although not quite the solution I was hoping for, it is at least a start.
onslo

Return to Feature Requests