Ctrl+alt+insert not working

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby Atomizer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Hey,

I would like to request that the feature Ctrl+alt+insert be fixed.

It didn't work in mRemote and nor does it work in mRemoteng.

I know it's a feature many Vmware administrators would love since this is the way to send ctrl+alt+delete to a virtual machine in vSphere.

Thanks in advance.
Atomizer

Sponsor

Re: Ctrl+alt+insert not working

Postby thrilleratplay » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 pm

I believe VMWare uses VNC to connect. This was just corrected in the VNC library that was changed since mRemote. This should be released very soon.
thrilleratplay

Postby Atomizer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:28 am

I'm sorry for not beeing specific enough.

Vmware vSphere administrators all over the world use Vmware's vSphere client to administer virtual machines on ESX/ESXi servers.

The vSphere client runs on your local PC and then connect to a remote side ESX og ESXi server (Or a vCenter instance)

However the vSphere client isn't really designed for high latency, low bandwidth connections and so what we do instead is to have the vSphere client installed on a server on the same premise as the actual servers and then connect to this server via Remote Desktop. (RDP)

When we use microsofts Remote Desktop client and connect to the server, start the vSphere client and connect that to an ESX server we can then start administer the virtual machines on that server.

The virtual machines often need you to press ctrl + alt + delete to unlock the login page. Now ctrl + alt + delete will cause your own PC to open task manager (if it's on Windows) which we do not want. Therefore Vmware made an option to press ctrl + alt + insert which the vSphere client will catch and send a ctrl + alt + delete to the virtual machine.

Now when using microsoft RDP client ctrl + alt + insert is sent to the remote machine causing vSphere client ti issue ctrl + alt + delete to the virtual machine but when we use mremoteng it doesn't get sent through to the remote machine.

I know for a fact that this is keeping alot of Vmware administrators from using your otherwise perfect piece of software, at least were I work :)

Please let me know if you need more explaining.

Thanks in advance
Martin
Atomizer

Postby thrilleratplay » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:21 am

Visualization and web applications have become major players in IT since mRemote was originally developed. Support for these have been hit or miss unfortunately. Something we will address in later updates. For this situation I am afraid there is nothing that can be done at the moment. I thought there was a send key combo for RDP but apparently not. We will give the ability to sent specialty combos but not for a while.
thrilleratplay

Return to Feature Requests