mRemote + putty + multicommand (like PuTTYCS)?

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby mofoRi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:00 am

Hi all,

perhaps I am missing something out that already exists but quick search of forums came up with nothing, and my attempts to get all three apps from subject to work together failed miserably... so i'm submitting a feature request.

Basically, its self explanatory - a command sender interface to mRemoteNG for putty would be nice. Unfortunately from what I've seen, PuTTYCS works with brief "theft-and-release" of PuTTY window focus, in order to send the command to it - and this is the point where mRemoteNG doesn't allow this.

If anyone managed to get this to work, I'd be more than happy to hear about it!

best regards,
Mladen
mofoRi

Sponsor

Re: mRemote + putty + multicommand (like PuTTYCS)?

Postby thrilleratplay » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:29 am

I am not sure how the internal workings of this putty version or how it handles focus. This functionality will be part of the putty replacement.
thrilleratplay

Re: mRemote + putty + multicommand (like PuTTYCS)?

Postby JCDinPGH » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:17 am

This would be an awesome addition. I use putty connection manager everyday, all day long but unfortunately the developer, even though he said it was going to go open source over a year ago, has dropped the ball and basically disappeared. About once a year (no exaggeration) the developer posts an update in the forums if they are even working (they break for months at a time). Putty connection manager and basic scripting and the ability to autologon. It's a great product but support for it is dead and so is development. A putty replacement built into mremoteng would be great, especially if it has the autologon capabilities of Putty connection Manager. Putty connection manager also does multicommand to multiple open windows.
JCDinPGH

Return to Feature Requests