Reconnect feature

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Reconnect feature

Postby hkan008 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:25 pm

I found that its useful (productivity boost) I can use the "Reconnect" features on the host (right click the host, within the Panal) to reconnect to a server when the session is locked..and I don't have to enter the password again.

However that feature seems to be missing when you right click on the host, from the Connections Tree? (or you can double click to "reconnect"?)
hkan008

Reconnect feature

Sponsor

Re: Reconnect feature

Postby thrilleratplay » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:14 pm

That sounds like another logical place to have it. We'll add it to that menu as well.
thrilleratplay

Postby rasqual » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 pm

How about a password text box in the toolbar area, that automatically unlocks any sessions that inherit? The text box would work on whatever node is selected (and its inheriting subordinates).

I know a lot of times when I'm away from my desk for a while (with the desktop locked), I come back and all my remote sessions are locked. That's a pain. An automatic way of unlocking 'em all would be darned handy.
rasqual

Postby JCDinPGH » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:07 am

rasqual wrote:How about a password text box in the toolbar area, that automatically unlocks any sessions that inherit? The text box would work on whatever node is selected (and its inheriting subordinates).

I know a lot of times when I'm away from my desk for a while (with the desktop locked), I come back and all my remote sessions are locked. That's a pain. An automatic way of unlocking 'em all would be darned handy.

If you want to avoid remote sessions from locking, right click on the desktop (assuming it's a windows host you are remotely connected to), and choose properties->screen saver and make sure that "On resume password protect" is unchecked. Even though you never really see the screen saver on a remotely connected host, it is still on and running.
JCDinPGH

Postby Fantasyfr » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:49 pm

or just write a simply group policy for this
Fantasyfr

Return to Feature Requests