Too easy to wipe connections file

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby linker3000 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:08 am

First of all: Great app - only just found it and its making my IT admin life *so* much easier. Thanks to all concerned.

If the following issue could be considered for the next release I'd really be happy. Here's the scenario:

• I have setup all my connections on my desktop PC and I decide to take the connections file on a USB stick to the machine in the server room, so I make a copy using the 'file...Save Connection File as' menu option, specifying the USB stick (G:) as the target and then I close down the app and I'm off to the server room.
  • Later, I restart mRemoteNG on my desktop PC, but since it cannot find the last-used connections file on G: (because the USB memory stick is not plugged in), I am taken through creating a new one, but this process overwrites the existing file in ...AppData\Roaming....
In these circumstances, it would be better if the user is prompted that an existing file has been found and should it be (U)sed or (O)verwritten (or something like that), or having not found the last-used connections file, the app should try the default location as a fall-back before prompting the user for action.

Thanks
linker3000

Sponsor

Re: Too easy to wipe connections file

Postby thrilleratplay » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:32 pm

I have done this myself a few times. This option should definitely be added. It will added in along with the connection file lock to prevent any unwanted changes.
thrilleratplay

Re: Too easy to wipe connections file

Postby jorn » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:14 am

until proper fix is implemented in app, you can enable shadow copies on the directory - thus you can get a working copy at least ;)
jorn

Return to Feature Requests