mRemoteNG 1.70 Beta 1 Now Available

Announcements, news and other important information about mRemoteNG.

Postby rmcardle » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 pm

mRemoteNG 1.70 Beta 1 is now available. Download it now!

There are a lot of big changes in this release so please test it out very thoroughly and let us know of any issues.

• Fix issue MR-77 - VerifyDatabaseVersion (Config.Connections.Save) failed. Version string portion was too short or too long.
  • Fix issue MR-78 - Renaming Connections
  • Fix issue MR-79 - MoveUp/Down item doesn't work + Sort button broken
  • Fix issue MR-93 - Regional settings problem when using SQL connection in mRemoteNG
  • Fix issue MR-97 - Integrate Dutch translation
  • Fix issue MR-98 - Integrate Russian and Ukranian translations
  • Fix issue MR-99 - Integrate Spanish translation
  • Fix issue MR-131 - RD Gateway does not respect setting for use different credentials
  • Added compatibility check for "Use FIPS compliant algorithms" security setting.
  • Improved reporting of errors when encrypting and decrypting connection files.
  • Added partial Polish translation.
  • The panel tabs are now hidden if only one panel is open.
  • Fix focus issue with RDP connections when changing tabs.
  • Show changes live as connection tabs are being dragged around to change their order.
  • Updated PuTTY to version 0.62.
  • Improved error handling when loading connection files.
  • Fixed bugs with creating a new connection file.
  • A backup of the connection file is saved when it is loaded. The most recent ten backup copies are kept.
  • Added the option to use a smart card for RD Gateway credentials.
  • Made the use of CredSSP for RDP connections optional.
  • Updated VncSharpNG to version 1.2.4440.36644.
  • Added debugging symbols for VncSharpNG.
rmcardle
Site Admin

Sponsor

Re: mRemoteNG 1.70 Beta 1 Now Available

Postby DJ EL Martini » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:42 am

Just installed and directly rolled back to 1.69. Translation to dutch is shown correctly but PuttyNG crashes directly when opening an connection this is an critical program for me for mRemoteNG for connecting to linux hosts
DJ EL Martini

Postby rmcardle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:26 am

Can you be more specific? Does it crash when you make any type of connection, or just SSH, just RDP? Do you get an error message? Can you send me mRemoteNG.log?
rmcardle
Site Admin

Postby koencalliauw » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:34 am

Hi,
I'm having issues with using several panels.
When I open a connection that has a different panel than the current panel set and I switch back to the original panel I cannot navigate between the tabs anymore.
If I however minimize the window and bring it back up I can switch between the tabs again.

/K
koencalliauw

Postby mayplay56 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi,

it would be nice to have the new option "UseCredSSP" straight in Tools ---> Options ---> Connections, with the login option.

I suggest that because I've over 400 computers in my mRemote and if I put it in my first folder it doesn't want to inherit (just to be clear, not the "Connection" folder, I talk about the first folders right under it)

By the way, the "UseCredSSP" is working perfectly! :)

Thanks!
mayplay56

Postby alhuseyin13 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:57 am

hello,

I am having a similar issue to koencalliauw's case.

When I open multiple tabs under a Panel on my second screen (which has a higher resolution than my default screen), then I can't navigate between tabs. Clicking tab doesn't help and only the last active tab is usable.

thanks,

h
alhuseyin13

Postby alhuseyin13 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:04 am

hello,

here is another issue I am having with 1.70 RC1. We have several servers where we connect them using SSH. Based on their location, purpose, owner, etc, we put them into different folders.

When I try to open multiple SSH connections (I usually right click the folder that contains the connections and select Connnect), I can open connections in first folder, but when I try to open connections from another foloder, I am getting following errors:

----------
ErrorMsg
3/5/2012 11:58:10 AM
Opening connection failed!
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
----------
ErrorMsg
Couldn't add panel
Invalid parent form. When using DockingMdi or SystemMdi document style, the DockPanel control must be the child control of the main MDI container form.
----------
ErrorMsg
Opening connection failed!
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
----------
ErrorMsg
Couldn't add panel
Invalid parent form. When using DockingMdi or SystemMdi document style, the DockPanel control must be the child control of the main MDI container form.
----------

I tried to open single connection from each folder and I am getting same error.

thanks,

h
alhuseyin13

Postby alhuseyin13 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:06 am

hello,

one last case, it is not an error, but kind of irritating stuff: every time I connect to a server with SSH, Notifications window pops-up with following:

----------
InformationMsg
3/5/2012 12:04:16 PM
IsFilePuttyNg("C:\Program Files (x86)\mRemoteNG_1.70RC1\PuTTYNG.exe") = True
----------

Can't we hide this so that it doesn't come up every time?

thanks,

h
alhuseyin13

Postby koencalliauw » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 am

Agreed, I also looked for an option to completely disable this informational message, but it's either in the notifications pane or through a pop-up right now.
Also, I noticed that the issue with not being able to switch through tabs not only happens when using different panels. I also have the issue sometimes when just using multiple tabs, which are all using the general panel (and thus the panel tabs are not shown).
I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise, dual monitor, I tried disabling Aero to no avail.

/K
koencalliauw

Postby rmcardle » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks for the reports. The InformationMsg that pops up is a debugging string that got left in. I believe the other issues stem from hiding the panel tabs. They are only supposed to be hidden if there is one panel, apparently they're getting hidden even if there are multiple panels.
rmcardle
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcements