[REDMINE ISSUE 28] SQL server

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby biondo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 am

Hi,

first of all, I really appreaciate that mRemote develop is not finished...

After years I'm using this fantastic application, I'm testing the SQL server connection to share the huge connection configuration with my colleagues.

It works great and it is simple to configure, but it does not create a sort of local cache.

To better explain, since we work with laptops and we usually work also at customers' sites, when we are not in office with possibility to have connection with SQL server, the connection disappear.

There is possibility to have a local cache that obviously is not refreshed when is offline, but it is possible to use it?

Many thanks.... especially for your effort!!

Stefano
biondo

Sponsor

Re: SQL server

Postby adrian.hayes » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:56 am

I agree - this would be a great addition. When our admins work remotely, they don't have access to the SQL server.
adrian.hayes

Postby Nitedula » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:50 am

biondo wrote:... but it does not create a sort of local cache.

I've been playing around with the SQL stuff all day now and I have the following "workaround" (I know it's a dirty solution, but it seems to work):
  • copy a portable version of mRemoteNG to your Laptop (eg. next to the one that is connected to the SQL server)
  • every user (regardless if with read or write permissions) can export all connections to a local XML file (when connected to the SQL server)
  • so just export the xml file and edit the "second" portable mRemoteNG version to use THIS xml file "....\mRemoteNG.exe" /c:\"<path to xml file>"

you might even automate this by domain scripts, that export the connections and put the latest version of the xml file to a specified folder on your technicians' laptops

... as I've said before ... dirty but working ;)
Nitedula

Postby Duff » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:46 pm

I actually just posted this same request before I saw this post. This would be a great feature!
Duff

Return to Feature Requests