[FEATURES ADDED IN v1.63] A couple small features

This forum is locked. Feature requests have been moved to JIRA.

Postby luma » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 am

First, let me be among the first to say a big "thanks" for picking this project up. As a customer-facing consultant/engineer, mRemote is a huge part of my daily work life. I've never bothered to make the switch to VRD mostly because vrd2009 was garbage (next to mRemote) and mRemote was/is 95% perfect already.

But, since somebody might be listening :P here's a few small feature suggestions that would make mRemote even better for me in no particular order:
* Ability to handle new windows (pop-ups) spawned from IE/Gecko browser tabs
* Ability to assign custom icons to external apps
* Support for new RDP features (specifically TS gateways)
* Ability to modify PuTTY session settings within the mRemote interface
* Ability to place toolbars next to the menu items (instead of above or below) in order to squeeze out a little extra vertical real estate

In my use of mRemote 1.5 I've yet to run across any deal breaking bug, so you should be starting off with a pretty stable codebase. Once again, thank you for picking this up!
luma

Sponsor

Re: A couple small features

Postby luma » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 am

* Ability to place toolbars next to the menu items (instead of above or below) in order to squeeze out a little extra vertical real estate

I should add that 1.50 allows you to do this. Not sure if you might be running off an earlier source
luma

Postby rmcardle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:37 am

I removed that because in 1.50, moving the toolbars around would cause the menu bar to move around too without an easy way of moving it back. The only way to fix it was to nudge it around with a toolbar until it was back to where you wanted it. I hadn't thought of the vertical screen real estate issue though.

I'll most likely bring back the old functionality but add a gripper to the menu bar so you can move it around properly.
rmcardle
Site Admin

Postby luma » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:56 pm

That would be perfect!
luma

Postby rmcardle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 pm

I have fixed the toolbar issue. The fix will be in version 1.62.
rmcardle
Site Admin

Postby luma » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am

Just got around to updating NG and the toolbars work like a dream. You are awesome and MRNG is awesome. Thanks!
luma

Postby rmcardle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:03 am

I have added support for connecting through RD Gateway (TS Gateway) servers. I also added basic support for allowing popups in Internet Explorer by holding Ctrl+Alt when clicking a link. I also added a "PuTTY Settings" menu item when you right click the tab for an open session. All three features will be in version 1.63.
rmcardle
Site Admin

Postby luma » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 am

Sounds great, thanks again.

While I'm begging for small feature requests :) one more little thing I've always found annoying: using TAB to move through the fields in the connection settings doesn't work the way it should. In order to go from, say, entering the Username to entering the Password (directly below it), you have to hit TAB + Down + Down + TAB to get to the Password field. As you can't change the connection label fields, there's no reason at all to be able to enter the fields using tab. Hitting tab while in a field should just drop to the next field below it.
luma

Return to Feature Requests